|The Self-Help Parent Program provides families with skills and support to prevent and recover from family violence, abuse and neglect, as well as to promote positive family communication, increase family self-care and build family strengths.|
You can attend parenting classes if:
- You are a parent or guardian of a child
- You are interested in learning about how to be a better parent
- You are willing to promptly attend 12 sessions and make up absences with individual sessions
- You are referred by the Department of Community Based Services, Court, Adult and Youth Probation and Court Designated Workers, other community agencies or yourself
- You are willing to take the Post Test and Parenting Survey
- You agree to avoid violent or verbally abusive behaviors in the classroom
- You agree to keep class conversations confidential.
Parenting classes cover topics such as:
The Self-Help Parenting Program provides short term, crisis oriented, solution-focused individual counseling to address the following:
If The Nest parenting classes do not meet fit into your schedule, check out these other parenting resources in Lexington:
SKY Families offers parenting classes in Lexington. For information, contact Marion Gibson, 502-257-5582.
Staff: Carol Taylor, MSW
This project is funded, in part, under a contract with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services through Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky using state funds allocated by the Kentucky General Assembly.