The Nest provides assistance to families facing crises, helping families address the obstacles they face so they can build the confidence and skills they need to begin on a path toward family stability.
We help by offering the following direct resources:
- Diapers (clients are eligible once per month and receive 10 diapers and a small amount of wipes for sizes four and up, newborns to size three get 20 diapers);
- Formula and baby food (when available);
- Children's Clothing (once per month, we give 10 to 12 outfits);
- Emergency Food (clients are eligible once a month and when available); and
- Toiletries (when available).
Most of the items above we receive from individuals, churches and organizations in the community who share our commitment to helping people through rough times.
We also offer referrals for people in need of the following services:
- Legal aid;
- Financial assistance for utilities, rent or mortgage;
- Household Cleaning Supplies (once a month);
- Food bank referrals (at God's Pantry, clients can be referred four times in a six-month period);
- Baby equipment such as car seats, cribs, toys, etc. (when available);
- Eye Exams and Eyeglasses;
- Medical/Mental and Chemical Dependency;
- Housing; and
- Employment Leads.
Crisis Care Hours:
Tuesday and Thursday: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday: by appointment
Remember: We all need a little help from time to time to get through a difficult situation that is temporary.
For other resources in Lexington and surrounding counties, can call the United Way 211.
Staff: Sheri Estill, Director of Crisis Care
Thank you to United Way for providing support for this program.
We try to help families find their way to long-term solutions.